Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hanukkah

I'm really feeling the hanukkah spirit this year! Holidays seem much more fun when there's a depression. Not so much pressure to find the perfect item, which is a great relief, for I'm a terrible shopper. Also, making gifts is much more accetable during times of economic strife! I made cut paper cards for my family. Here's the one I made for my mom.
And this is the one I made for my sister!
I made one for my dad too, but he's already squirrled it away in some secret place. He thinks I am conspiring to keep art from him.  You will have to imagine it- it had mountains on it.  He likes mountains.  I was stumped on a present to get for my mother, because, as I have previously stated I'm a terrible shopper and Mom is the woman who has everything. And if she doesn't have it, she probably wants to pick it out herself. So I had nothing, and no ideas, and then, all of a sudden, I had a moment of inspiration. I made her a case for her knitting needles! We suffer from knitting needle black hole proliferation at our house.
I used all my favourite fabrics. My sister brought us the most fabulous textile from Mexico.

Is'nt it beautiful?
For Nora, I made a pillow based on the quilt code she and I made up last year.

It means that she is a gold star lesbian who wants a nice trannie or perhaps a drag king to take her out for dinner. And possibly oral sex. Dirty quilting!

The back is the most beautiful rainbow step ladder! With vintage buttons I found in Santa Fe.

2 comments:

Fiberista Nora said...

I heart raunchy quilting. MORE! Also... I love my pillow!! I had to mail it to myself because it wouldn't fit in my suitcase... I think I might hug the mail guy when he brings it to me. (Also because my sweater knitting pattern is also in that box. But it's mostly the pillow. seriously.)

Isn't it funny how you have to wait until after the gift-giving to post the photos of the gifts? I'm working on the "stuff I made for the holiday's" blog entry. Yay!

I miss boggle. I think i'm going to start a philadelphia boggle league.

Wild Threads said...

Beautiful makings! I especially love the needle holder. It was so nice to spend time with you last week!