Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh, is it a new year?

New years always seemed like such a tacked on holiday, as if the calander making people just couldn’t let go of the christmas season yet. The Jewish new year, in the fall, makes more sense to me, because it happens right as school begins, which is the time to make resolutions. I actually did go out, this year, though it is my normal habit to stay indoors and be in bed by 10 to avoid shennagians.

I have a vague memory of the new year’s episode of “Will and Grace”, Will’s resolution is to “move on” with his life, get a boyfriend, not be so needy, etc. The episode ends with him kissing Grace at the stroke of midnight, and him saying “kissing a woman, that’s the opposite of moving on.”

If you replace Will with Nelly, Grace with a random dude, and woman with man, then you have my evening.

The gentlemen are really digging me right now, and I can’t figure out why. Some guy even followed me home the other night! I am really really out, all I talk about are gay things. It’s got to be one of two things:

1. Ladies aren’t as bold as gentlemen, and are intimidated by my straighty looks. Or
2. I’m not hanging out with the right crowd.

So I geuss my resolutions should be
A. Initate conversations with more lesbians.
B. Hang out with more different crowds.
Or hidden option
C. Stop caring that I’m single. And just say no to kissing dudes.

1 comment:

Fiberista Nora said...

yes, nell.. say NO to kissing men. But that being said, I know EXACTLY what you mean about men being more... available? Since moving to Philly I've been hit on by more men all the women who have EVER hit on me. SAD! But new years is a time for messing up. Y'know, get it out of the way early so you have the rest of the year to be on target.

Also, lesbians are really intimidating...